7 Mistakes When Hail Damage Car Insurance Claim
- From time to time, car owners suffer from force majeure circumstances, as a result of which their vehicles may be damaged and need to be repaired. It is important to understand that hail damage auto insurance claims will be received only by car owners who have previously worried about bumper to bumper coverage.
- Bumper to bumper coverage will usually cover all the costs associated with repairing a car that has been damaged by hail, a hurricane, falling objects, animals.
- To correct the situation, you need some knowledge regarding your insurance, as well as a clear understanding of the algorithm of your actions. First of all, it is necessary to contact your insurance manager who will help organize damage assessment and tell you how to get insurance payments for car repairs.
- But if you have auto liability insurance, do not rely on hail damage car insurance claim. This type of insurance will cover the cost of medical bills or material damage to the driver of the car with which you have an accident.
- In the case of hail damage car, it is recommended to immediately contact the insurance company with a hail damage claim on the car. In order for the application to be quickly reviewed and the car repaired, there are a number of mandatory steps.
Please find below following seven common mistakes a car owner makes when applying to an insurance company:
1. Failure to comply with the time frame. Often car owners do not contact their insurance manager immediately after an incident with a car. You should contact the insurance company immediately after the car has been damaged to get a hail damage insurance claim. Having spent a little of your time clarifying the circumstances and explaining the situation of vehicle hail damage to your insurance agent, and you can get a good cash refund for car repairs.
2. The desire to organize the process by phone or via e-mail, instead of personally coming to the office of the insurance company and tackling your issue. It is important to meet with a service engineer when he will assess the damage caused, since you will have the opportunity to clarify with him all the details and provide the necessary information, and this will help speed up the process.
3. Lack of knowledge about the need to pay a deductible franchise. The franchise is a clause used by insurance companies as a threshold for policy payments, as in deductible. Sometimes people are not going to do car repairs for claiming hail damage on car insurance, because they do not want to pay a deductible. But there are companies that are ready to cover such costs, and from them, you can restore your car on very favorable terms.
- It’s also helpful to know that, under some circumstances, your insurer may waive the deductible on the glass portion of your comprehensive coverage.
4. No one makes a comparative assessment of the proposed service stations and their cost. Due to lack of time or lack of necessary experience, people often order car repairs from the first service department they are contacting. For comparison, you always need to contact several services and choose the most suitable one. For example, a guarantee for the work performed may be an advantage.
5. Some car owners prefer not to repair their vehicles at all. One of the worst decisions of a car owner after damage to his car by hail is the decision to leave everything as it is. It must be understood that if you do not fix the damaged areas in the quickest possible, you risk that the car body will begin to rust, as a result of which repairing such a car will be much more expensive.
6. They don’t know about the effect of car insurance
- If you apply to an insurance company for hail damage auto insurance claims, this is recorded in your insurance history, and frequent appeals will affect the payments.
7. They are sure that contacting the insurance company will not yield any results. In cases where the damage to the car is serious enough and should not be repaired, the insurance manager will inform you of this, and will also help to collect all the necessary documents in order to receive a check to pay for the same new car (provided that you have full insurance )
- Do you want to protect your car from hail or other unforeseen circumstances? There are ready-made solutions for you.
- As you know, it is impossible to predict weather conditions, and in this regard, thousands of cars are often damaged. Sometimes it’s easier to take care of the safety of your car in advance and save your own money, for example, by buying a special case from the city. Best of all is the comprehensive insurance of your car.
- Please, use the information above about car owners’ mistakes, in order to quickly and efficiently use your insurance right. Never waste time, as hail damage insurance claim time limit exists.
- Try to find the time and personally come to a meeting with the insurance manager. It will give you the opportunity to discuss all the details of the insurance policy for the car. Find out the cost of the deductible in advance and ask your nearest service station for the cost of evaluating and repairing your insured event.
- Remember that providing the most detailed information is in your own interests since the speed of accepting your application for work will depend on this. The better you are aware and prepared, the less time you will have to endure the inconvenience without your favorite car, which will be temporarily under repair.